Come see the Bali you have been waiting to see!
West Bali is Bali’s best kept secret. It is a quiet, rural area nestled between the mountains and the sea. Its terrain includes secluded black sand beaches, luscious green rice terraces, and dense jungles. We will reconnect with Mother nature and learn about daily life from local Balinese fishermen, farmers, artists, children and entrepreneurs. Be part of this fun and exciting excursion to beautiful West Bali. Five Pillar Foundation is excited to offer the following adventures with food, transport, and lodging accommodations included. You will be led by a team of local Balinese youth that works to protect and preserve their culture and environment. Learn about Five Pillar Foundation’s model for sustainable development, meet the local community, and observe daily life in the peaceful remote western part of Bali!
But don’t just hear it from me, here are some articles from Caro and Anna who went on this trip last year:
Saturday 12 May
09:00 – 12:30 : From Dojo to West Bali, stop at a stunning rice terrace along the way.
12:30 – 14:00 : Enjoy lunch at Nyur Indah and relax at a secluded beach in West Bali.
14:00 – 15:30 : Visit a cacao collective & chocolate factory. Sample the best chocolate
15:30 – 16:30 : Visit a mushroom farm. Learn how mushrooms are grown and
16:30 – 17:30 : Enjoy dinner prepared at a local fish farm.
17:30 – EOD : Check in and get some rest.
Sunday 13 May
08:00 – 09:00 : Eat breakfast and check out
09:00 – 11:00 : Share your expertise. Participate in our skill sharing workshop or come
11:00 – 16:00 : Experience Komang’s farm. Sample snakefruit, coconut sugar and tuak. Have lunch by the river banks and then swim in its cool waters in a quiet, lush jungle.
16:00 – 19:00 : Return to Dojo in Canggu.
– Full day private transport with air-conditioning and cushioned seats
– Food (All meals served in buffet format and include vegetarian options.)
– Snacks and water gallon (Bring your own water bottle.)
– Facilitated intercultural dialogue with Balinese communities
– Introductory Indonesian language and Balinese customs/manners mini-course
– Reflective dialogues and storytelling
– Documentation (Photo and Video)
Things to Bring:
- Phone and/or camera (fully charged)
- Your own water bottle (Note: Host community members have been requested not
to provide packaged bottled water to guests but to offer refilling stations instead.)
- Rain poncho (just incase)
- Curiosity and a taste for adventure
What People Will Learn:
- West Bali and its Culture and the way they live
- Responsible way to travel
- Agriculture “Mushroom farm, Chocolate farm, Etc”
- How Five Pillar Foundation build a community / social movement
- How Five Pillar Foundation empower and engage rural communities in Bali
- The rewards and joys of working with Balinese youth
About the organisation:
Five Pillar Foundation was founded in 2014 to help position rural village communities to protect and preserve their culture and environment and to share their story with the international community. It aims to develop the full potential of villages and communities using an integrated approach that helps communities to recognize and create economic, social, environmental, human, and cultural forms of capital and also develop sustainable eco- and community-inspired adventures that create economic opportunity for local communities while also raising international awareness around local Balinese values. Its vision is to establish a strong, educated, and self-sufficient communities in Bali that protects and preserves their environment & culture.
#### Event Registration Instructions ####
This event is members only. Limited to 20 places. The price is Rp. 1.550.000 for the entire weekend. Price incl. accommodation, transport to and from West Bali, guided tours and meals. All profits will go to the Five Pillar Foundation’s Youth Development Program. If you would like to join this event, please register and pay by cash upfront at the Dojo Front Desk.