Tell Your Own True 5 Mins Story & Inspire The Others
Welcome to the first Story Slam Dojo Edition! How does this event work? YOU will be the storytellers! Anyone who wants to tell their stories needs to write down their names and put it in the hat. Each storyteller has only 5 mins to tell their stories and there will be 6 storytellers in total. Arrive on-time as the event will start at 5:30pm sharp, and don’t forget to have fun as it really is the purpose of the event 🙂
How Does It Work?
– The event is inspired by The Moth and StorySlam Oakland.
– This first event’s theme is ADVENTURE. Please arrive on-time as the event will start at 5:30pm sharp.
– When you arrive:
* Write down your name in a hat if you want to tell your story!
* Be prepared for your name to be called out. Your name may or might not be called.
* Moderator will explain the Story Slam night rules. Welcome each storyteller to the stage.
* Name of the first storyteller will be picked out randomly by the moderator. While the following storytellers will be picked by the previous storyteller.
* Each storyteller has only 5 mins to tell their story and there will be 6 storytellers in total.No notes and reading are allowed! Also, stories need to be true.
* You as a participant, please turn off your phones so that you could be fully present listening to each story. People are opening up to tell their stories so let’s be respectful.
* After each story is told, three judges will record their scores. Of course, the audience will be invited to cheer out loud for their favorite stories.
– 5 minutes per story
– The story must be related to the topic: ADVENTURE
– No notes or reading are allowed!
– The story must be your own and true
– No racial slurs, hate speech, or fake accents
About the moderator:
Khun Khunaraksa is obsessed with storytelling. He went to The Moth San Francisco for the first time a year ago and fell in love with it right away. He participated in the Public Speaking, Storytelling, and Media Training workshop at Dojo in May 2019 and this sparked the idea of having a story slam here at Dojo. Khun wants other location independent folks in Bali to experience the same feelings and emotions he had. So he is very excited to organize the first-ever Story Slam Dojo Edition event here at Dojo Bali.
Event Registration Instructions
This event is free and open to public. Limited to 30 spots. If you want to join this event, please register at the Dojo Front Desk or send us an email to email@example.com