We Go Deep
Are you interested in philosophy and science? Do you get excited about deep questions and thoughtful discussion? Join a community of like-minded individuals for small group discussions on topics of meaning and consequence. Each session will delve into a specific theme. For our inaugural event we will explore Socrates’ notion of the “examined life” by considering the question…What does it mean to “know thyself”?
Discussion threads may include (but are not limited to)…
- What is the goal of self awareness? How do we know when we succeed?
- What are the key questions of self awareness?
- Contrasting the tools of self awareness (Personal reflection, cognitive behavioral therapy, meditation, psychometrics)
- Can we discover our underlying motives and desires? Can we change them?
- What should we want to want if we can want anything? Can we judge some motives to be “better” or “higher minded”? By what measure?
- Do we have free will? What are the implications if we don’t?
This event is an experiment. Your feedback and ideas will determine how we grow and evolve this community moving forward. Join us to build something new and different in Dojo and Canggu.
Rules of Engagement
- Criticize ideas, never people
- Respect others, don’t talk over them
- Moderator may guide the discussion
- Mention if speaking from experience (intuition) or data (research)
- This is an experiment, let’s evolve it until it’s great
Event Registration Instructions
This event is free for Dojo & Hubud members. Limited to 10 spots. Please register at the Dojo Front Desk or send us an email to email@example.com, It’s mandatory. If you’re yet to be a member, find out how to be one here