After giving interesting demos, tips and guidelines of what makes stories fun, effective and useful, Arabella invites the audience to tell a 1-minute story to a partner. If time permits, a few lucky volunteers will be coached on how to tell their stories more effectively, expressively, enjoyably. Audience sees improvements immediately. All learn in this fun, creative, dynamic process.
What People Will Learn:
- How to use stories to enhance life and skills
- When to use stories at work, with family and friends
- How to tell jokes, case studies, anecdotes, stories more effectively, creatively, enjoyably.
- Volunteers will be coached on how to tell suitable, effective, engaging stories.
- Audience will see improvements in teller’s stories right before their eyes.
Arabella will demonstrate speaking and coaching strategies she uses to help clients polish their presentations to brilliance—strategies she used to win the World Championship of Public Speaking. Participants experience brain-based ways to learn while having fun, and remember the learning long after her presentations.
About the speaker:
Although English is her second language, Arabella Bengson, M.A., won the “World Championship of Public Speaking”—the only Canadian woman and only one of 4 women in the world to have won it in over 90 yrs of Toastmasters history. She has masters degrees in Speech (University of Hawaii) and Social Psychology. She taught at the University of Hawaii and Toronto and presented at many international conventions. She is a world class speech coach and has been an international speaker for 30 yrs. Access:
- Her 7 min. world championship speech: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAuhNeZLuQ0
- A taste of Arabella’s uniquely effective training style through short samples of workshops she presents: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CbRj8SmnSvI.
- 11 min. speech “Design Your Destiny”:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjgToHj78tM
#### Event Registration Instructions ####
This event is for free and open to public. Limited to 50 place. If you want to join this event, please register at the Dojo Front Desk or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org