Join Dojo Members for a day out on VW Jeep tour to East Bali. To experience ”the real Bali” we will go around from Canggu to East Bali by VW 181. Safari by VW jeeps is a fantastic experience to get on this beautiful island.
What will you visit:
- PURA KEHEN: Bangli. Probably the most beautiful temple in Bali. Built in the 11th century, the temple hosts the biggest banyan tree of the island, a holy tree for the Balinese. The temple enshrines holy scripts and is decorated with the most remarkable stone carvings.
- BESAKIH: You stop at the island‘s most mystical and sacred temple, an ancient building to worship the ancestors. The most important temple of the island, located at the slope of over 9000 ft reaching the peak of Mount Agung volcano.
- SELAT: astonishing rice terraces, with a spectacular view. You will witness the planting and harvesting of rice in a way the generations of Balinese have done it for thousands of years. Your guide will explain to you the world’s most astonishing and biggest irrigation system.
- CANDI DASA: Lunch in a fine restaurant right on the beach. Swimming and snorkeling are also possible.
- TENGANAN: Bali Aga (Tribal) Village with some astonishing traditions, dances, music, and strange rituals. This village has been an ethnological sensation, barely untouched by the surrounding Hindu culture. Tenganan is renowned for its unique weaving techniques, which are used to produce the magic “Gerising“ fabric, which is believed to aid against sickness and evil powers.
- GOA LAWAH: A Batcave, which since the Stone Age has been a sacred place for the spirits of the lower worlds. The cave is inhabited by thousands of bats, and from giant snakes, which are honored as gods.
- SALT PRODUCTION: An ancient method, still utilized today, of salt production will be demonstrated at the black volcanic beaches of East Bali.
- KLUNGKUNG: Historical significant city, which was the residence of Bali’s highest raja, the Dewa Agung. The city and the palace get destroyed in 1908 when the Dutch decided to conquest the last independent kingdom in Bali.
- KERTA GOSA: Located in Klungkung, the Kerta Gosa was the highest court of Bali. The 280 years old building is famous for its classic roof paintings.
Price: IDR 950,000,-
- Tour in VW 181 with driver and English speaking guide
- Lunch at a local restaurant
- All entrance fees and donations
What to bring:
- Rain and Sun protection
- light jacket
- More money for drinks
#### Event Registration Instructions ####
Members only. Limited to 15 spots. If you want to join this event, please register at the Dojo Front Desk and Pay IDR 950,000,-. Register before 22nd May 2019