A meetup for people interested in cryptocurrency to share ideas, talk news, and network with like-minded people.
Vally will be talking about Kommerce, Kommerce was founded by Harveen Narulla, Karen Teoh and Dustin Lau in response to the large and persistent gap in trade finance in Africa. Ending World Hunger with Blockchain. How blockchain tech is solving the $1.5 trillion trust problem behind world hunger. And how one startup is using blockchain to bridge that gap.
What People Will Learn:
- How poverty in the developing world is caused by the lack of trade finance, which is in turn caused by an inability for financiers to verify the trust
- How the process of importing goods like food into a developing economy is extremely outdated
- How blockchain can be used to allow financiers to verify the trust
- How good UX and smart process design can be used to fix the outdated trade schedule
- How a startup called Kommerce is doing just that, live and profitably in Africa
- How they can get involved
About the speaker:
Vally is a full-stack growth engineer, blockchain geek, and nomad with 6 years experience growing blockchain startups. He helped orchestrate two world-record-breaking ICOs (Golem & Bancor) and co-founded the Bitcoins in Bali Filter group.
@radnomad & @kommercetf
#### Event Registration Instructions ####
This event is members only. Limited to 25 places. If you want to join this event, please register at the Dojo Front Desk or send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org